If you are cleaning out your jewelry drawer and setting aside gold pieces to sell, it can be overwhelming to know where to take them to get a fair price. It pays to know what questions you should ask to find an honest and fair gold dealer.
Here are five questions to ask:
- What is the value of my gold based on? Any reputable gold dealer will be able to explain how your items have been valued, looking at the purity of the metal and weight.
- What are your credentials? Gold dealers with licensing and years of experience will be knowledgeable and be able to offer a fair price for your gold.
- Do you need any information from me? This answer should be yes as, by law, a gold dealer must take your identification and signature. This protects against theft.
- Do you have any customer reviews? Ask whether there are people you can talk to or read feedback about the business. You can also do your research beforehand to read testimonials about other people’s experiences with the business. Look for how they were treated and if they felt valued by the gold dealer. One positive sign is if a review mentions that they were a returning customer, which is a good sign that they trust this particular dealer.
- Is this the best price you can offer me? If you feel that the offer you have received for your gold is not what you expected, ask for clarification or to negotiate.
Sell your gold with us and take confidence in knowing that we offer fair and honest prices. We would love to see your pieces; contact us today.